Ginger milk pudding is a traditional Chinese dessert, but this version is a honey ginger milk pudding. I simply enjoy the taste of honey combined with ginger, as it is on a honey lemon ginger tea. Similarly, this is a healthy dessert that will satisfy our sweet tooth and boost our immune system at the same time.
This recipe uses steaming method, but fear not if you do not own a steamer. I found that a deep pan or pot with a lid works as well. To convert it into a steamer, we only need to place a small rack inside the pot. This rack will hold our heat-proof pudding bowl and keep it away from the water or direct heat underneath.
Honey ginger milk pudding can be enjoyed hot or cold. So simply make a few servings at once and chill them in the fridge for tomorrow’s dessert.
Another no-bake dessert that is as simple and easy: Milo Tiramisu
Honey Ginger Milk Pudding
- 25 g whole ginger (yield about 1 tablespoon ginger juice) adjust to taste
- 1 large egg white
- 125 ml whole milk
- 1 tsp honey (can be substituted with sugar) adjust to taste
- Scrape off ginger skin with a spoon or peeler. Then grate it with microplane or the finest grater into a mesh strainer. Press grated ginger against the strainer to squeeze out the juice.
- Heat the milk until lukewarm. Stir in honey until dissolved. Pour mixture into egg white. Whisk to combine.
- Into the bowl of ginger, strain the mixture to remove any foam. Stir to fully combine. Cover the bowl with foil.
- Transfer onto a steamer. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat and let it sit for another 10 minutes before opening the lid. Then uncover and enjoy it hot or chill it for a cold version.