Chocolate and avocado, do they get along? I have befriended them long enough to know they are the perfect pair. Okay, what am I talking about here? Oh, affogato on a chocolate avocado smoothie. Sorry I cannot help but say they are now the perfect three musketeers. 🙂
Seriously, chocolate avocado smoothie is a popular drink back in Indonesia. It is even tastier added with affogato – Italian dessert that involves ice cream and a shot of espresso. The creamy chocolate avocado sweetened with vanilla ice cream is just perfectly balanced by the strong coffee.
My taste bud has long accepted avocado as a sweet treat, long before I know guacamole. It will be great to know how you like it once you try this recipe.
Another coffee dessert that you might appreciate: coffee jelly latte
Chocolate Avocado Smoothie Topped with Affogato
- 1 small avocado pit removed
- 20 g condensed milk adjust to taste
- 150 ml water
- 45 g ice cubes
- A drizzle of chocolate syrup/chocolate condensed milk
- 1 large scoop vanilla ice cream
Strong Vietnamese coffee* see note
- 15 g medium-coarse coffee grind
- 70 ml hot water
- To brew coffee using Vietnamese Phin filter, distribute ground coffee evenly into the filter. Screw on the press filter until fitted, then loosen it with three reverse turns. Pour in hot water and set aside. It will take 3-5 minutes to drip the entire brew.
- Scoop out the avocado into a blender. Add the milk, water, and ice cubes. Then blend until smooth.
- Drizzle chocolate syrup along the inner sides of a glass cup. Then add in the smoothie.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and finally the freshly brewed espresso or strong coffee.